Doorstep Delivery & Pick-Ups available within Shelby County, TN.
We Deliver to Your Door Free of Charge on orders of $49 or more.
Delivery for smaller orders available for just $4.99.
We pickup and Deliver on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Call 901-443-7718 to schedule your delivery or pickup.
We gladly ship nationwide at U.S.P.S. rates!
- Items should only be painted with our Mayco Pottery Glazes
- To get the best results, paint each color 3 times, waiting for the previous coats to dry. This refers to painting with a brush. If you are using a writer tip bottle to apply color, only one application is necessary.
- Use a clean dry brush for all applications. Never use a brush that has been used for acrylic painting.
- If the pottery has dust on it, make sure to use a clean damp (not wet) sponge to remove the dust before painting.
- Light pencil marks burn off during firing. Never mark pottery with heavy pencil. If you have accidently pressed too hard with your pencil, use a brush to gently dust over the heavy markings until you have removed a substantial amount of the pencil from the pottery before proceeding. When heavy pencil has been left on pottery, glaze tends to repeal over those areas.
- Always start painting with your light colors first. You cannot cover a dark color like black with a light color such as white. Black tends to stain the pottery and is next to impossible to remove unless it is on top of another color. Some people like to paint their pottery with one coat of white first, so that colors can be removed with a damp (not wet) sponge in the event of painting errors.